22/09/2020

Yasuko Agawa ‎"When The World Turns Blue" (1989) -City Pop / Westcoast Rock-



Label : Invitation Records


Japon 01 - The Survivor (?)
02 - It's Always You (Jimmy Van Heusen & Johnny Burke)
03 - When The World Turns Blue (Memories Of Love) (Will Jennings & Joe Sample)
04 - Teach Me Tonight (Gene de Paul & Sammy Cahn)
05 - Alright, Okay, You Win (Mayme Watts & Sid Wyche)
06 - Summertime (George & Ira Gershwin, DuBose Heyward)
07 - Love Is A Rush (?)
08 - I Can't Say No (?)
09 - Am I Just A Memory (?)


Produced by Joe Sample
All Songs Arranged by Joe Sample except Strings Arranged by Marty Paich ("Summertime")
Recording & Remix Engineered by Al Schmitt
Assistant Engineered by Nick Els
Recorded at Baby'O Recorders, Hollywood, CA (Nov. 1 - Dec. 9, 1988)
Production Coordinator : Sonny Abelardo (Mammoth Rainbow, Inc.)

Musicians :
Joe Sample : Acoustic Piano on All Tracks, Synthesizer on "The Survivor", "It's Always You", "When The World Turns Blue (Memories Of Love)", "Love Is A Rush", "I Can't Say No", "Am I Just A Memory"
Wilton Felder : Alto Sax on "Alright, Okay, You Win", "Summertime"
Brandon Fields : Tenor Sax, Alto Sax on "The Survivor", "When The World Turns Blue (Memories Of Love)", "Love Is A Rush"
Larry Williams : Synthesizer (Programming), EWI on "The Survivor", "It's Always You", "When The World Turns Blue (Memories Of Love)", "Love Is A Rush", "I Can't Say No", "Am I Just A Memory"
David T. Walker : Guitar on "Alright, Okay, You Win"
Michael Landau : Guitar on "The Survivor", "It's Always You", "When The World Turns Blue (Memories Of Love)", "Summertime", "Love Is A Rush", "I Can't Say No", "Am I Just A Memory"
Michael O'Neill : Guitar on "It's Always You", "I Can't Say No"
Bubba Bryant : Drums on "The Survivor", "It's Always You", "When The World Turns Blue (Memories Of Love)", "Love Is A Rush", "Am I Just A Memory"
John Guerin : Drums on "Teach Me Tonight", "Alright, Okay, You Win", "Summertime"
John Peña : Bass on "The Survivor", "It's Always You", "When The World Turns Blue (Memories Of Love)", "Summertime", "Love Is A Rush", "I Can't Say No", "Am I Just A Memory"
Andy Simpkins : Acoustic Bass on "Teach Me Tonight", "Alright, Okay, You Win"
Lenny Castro : Percussion on "The Survivor", "It's Always You", "When The World Turns Blue (Memories Of Love)", "Alright, Okay, You Win", "Summertime", "Love Is A Rush", "I Can't Say No", "Am I Just A Memory"