06/03/2023

Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. "Marilyn & Billy" (1978) -Disco / Funk / Westcoast Soul-



Label : CBS, Inc.


États-Unis Side 1

01 - Shine On Silver Moon* (Gary Knight & Gene Allan)
02 - So Many Things For Free* (Bob Gallarza, Delores Brown & Marilyn McCoo)
03 - You Got The Love* (Lee Garrett & Lloyd Chiate)
04 - I Got The Words, You Got The Music* (Bob Gallarza & Delores Brown)
05 - I Thank You* (David Porter & Isaac Hayes)

Side 2

01 - I Thought It Took A Little Time (But Today I Fell In Love)**° (Michael Masser & Pam Sawyer)
02 - Stay With Me** (Gerry Goffin & Michael Masser)
03 - I Got Love For You* (Don Bryant)
04 - Saving All My Love For You** (Gerry Goffin & Michael Masser)
05 - Carry Me* (Ernie Shelby & Philipp Mitchell)


*Produced by Steve Cropper & Billy Davis Jr.
**Produced by Michael Masser & Billy Davis Jr.
°Arranged by Gene Page
Background Arrangements by Brooks Hunnicutt
String Arrangements by Larry Kellam
Horn Arrangements by Tom Malone
Recorded at :
Cherokee Studios, Los Angeles
Engineer Barry Rudolph
A&M Studios, Los Angeles / ABC Studios, Studio A, Los Angeles
Engineers Reggie Dozier, Bruce Brown
Automatted Sound, New York City
Engineer Vicky Fabray
2nd Engineer Steve Ettinger
Kendun Studios, Los Angeles
Engineer Allen Chinowsky
2nd Engineers Terry Moore, Jim Sintetos 


"Shine On Silver Moon", "You Got The Love"
Drums : Paul Humphreys
Bass James Jamerson
Guitar : Steve Cropper, Bobby Gallarza
Piano : Gail Dedrick
Synthesizer : Michael Boddicker
Percussion : King Errisson
Acoustic Piano : Richard Tee

"I Thank You", "Carry Me", "So Many Things For Free", "I Got Love For You", "I Got The Words, You Got The Music"
Drums : Ronnie Beck
Bass James Jamerson
Guitar : Steve Cropper, Bobby Gallarza
Piano : Gail Dedrick
Acoustic Piano : Richard Tee
Synthesizer : Michael Boddicker
Percussion : King Errisson

"I Thought It Took A Little Time (But Today I Fell In Love)", "Stay With Me"
Drums : Harvey Mason
Guitar : Wah Wah Watson
Bass : James Jamerson
Guitar : Bobby Gallarza
Fender Rhodes : Gail Dedrick
Acoustic Piano : Michael Masser

"Saving All My Love For You"
Drums : Russ Kunkel
Bass : Leland 'Lee' Sklar
Guitar : Lee Ritenour
Guitar : David T. Walker

Horns :
Trombone Tom Malone, Urbie Green, Wayne Andre, Keith O’Quinn
TrumpetsAlan Rubin, John Faddis, Randy Brecker
SaxophoneLou Marini, Michael Brecker
Baritone Sax : Lew Delgatto

Sax Solo on "I Thank You" : David Sanborn
Sax Solo on "I Got Love For You : Lou Marini
Background vocalsLisa Roberts, Jean Anne Chapman, Sherry Pane