24/09/2022

Lori Lieberman "A Piece Of Time" (1974) -Folk Rock / Pop Rock-



Label : Capitol Records


États-Unis Side One 

01 - The World Is Turning (Charles Fox & Norman Gimbel)
02 - A Piece Of Time (Charles Fox & Norman Gimbel)
03 - No Rights On Saturday Nights (Charles Fox & Norman Gimbel)
04 - Stone Canyon (Charles Fox & Norman Gimbel)
05 - Before I Say I’m Sorry (Charles Fox & Norman Gimbel)

Side Two

01 - Legacy (Charles Fox & Norman Gimbel)
02 - Stand On It (Charles Fox & Norman Gimbel)
03 - I Got A Name (Charles Fox & Norman Gimbel)
04 - What’s It Got To Do With Music (Charles Fox & Norman Gimbel)
05 - Make No Mistake (Charles Fox & Norman Gimbel)


All Songs Composed by Charles Fox, Music - Norman Gimbel, Lyrics
Arranged & Conducted by Charles Fox
Produced by Charles Fox & Norman Gimbel

Drums & Percussion : John Raines
Piano : Bill Cuomo on "A Piece Of Time", "The World Is Turning" & "What’s It Got To Do With Music" ; Charles Fox on All Others
Bass : Dominic Genova on "A Piece Of Time", "The World Is Turning" & "What’s It Got To Do With Music" ; Max Bennett on "Make No Mistake" & "No Rights On Saturday Nights" ; Reinie Press on "Stand On It", "Legacy", "Before I Say I’m Sorry" & "Stone Canyon" ; Jim Hughart on "I Got A Name"
Electric Guitar : Fred Tackett on "A Piece Of Time", "The World Is Turning" & "What’s It Got To Do With Music" ; Mike Anthony on "Make No Mistake" & "No Rights On Saturday Nights" ; Dean Parks on "I Got A Name", "Stand On It" & "Legacy"
Steel Guitar : Sneaky Pete Kleinow on "The World Is Turning" & "A Piece Of Time"
Flute & Alto Saxophone : Bud Shank on "Make No Mistake" & "Before I Say I’m Sorry"
Acoustic Guitar : Ben Benay on "Make No Mistake" & "No Rights On Saturday Nights" ; Dennis Budimir on "I Got A Name", "Stand On It", "Legacy", "Before I Say I’m Sorry" & "Stone Canyon" ; Larry Carlton on "Before I Say I’m Sorry" & "Stone Canyon"
Background vocals : Lori Lieberman & Merry Clayton on "A Piece Of Time" ; Pat Henderson on "A Piece Of Time", "What’s It Got To Do With Music" & "The World Is Turning" ; Shirley Matthews on "What’s It Got To Do With Music", "The World Is Turning", "No Rights On Saturday Nights", "Before I Say I’m Sorry" & "Stand On It" ; Myrna Matthews on "What’s It Got To Do With Music", "The World Is Turning", "Before I Say I’m Sorry", "No Rights On Saturday Nights" & "Stand On It" ; Carolyn Willis on "Before I Say I’m Sorry" & "No Rights On Saturday Nights" ; Marti McCall on "Stand On It" ; Herb Pedersen on "I Got A Name" & "Legacy"
Whistling by Lori Lieberman on "Before I Say I’m Sorry"
Strings : Paul Shure, Concertmaster

Mastering Engineer : Wally Traugott