05/06/2020

Tim Stevens "Got To Be Free" (1983) -Westcoast Rock-



Label : Pittsburgh International Records


États-Unis Side 1

01 - Hold On To Your Good Thing (Tim Stevens)
02 - You Are My Music (Tim Stevens)
03 - Got To Be Free (And I Need To Be Me) (Tim Stevens)
04 - Miss Sun (David Paich & Boz Scaggs)

Side 2

01 - Sometimes I Wonder (Tim Stevens)
02 - An Emptiness (Tim Stevens)
03 - Blue Monday (Tim Stevens)
04 - It's Friday Again (Tim Stevens)


Produced by Tim Stevens & Gene Stevens (for Pittsburgh International Records)
Arranged by 'Doctor' Leonard Johnson III, Tim Stevens & The High Energy Band
Music Director / Session Leader :  'Doctor' Leonard Johnson III
Engineer & Production Consultant : Bill Chippich
Recorded & Mixed at Melwood Recording Studios except for "An Emptiness" Recorded at Audio Innovators, Engineered by Bobby Bradford, Mixed at Melwood Recording Studios
Mastered at Randy's Roost, Nashville, Tennessee

The Performing Artists :
Chuck Austin : Flugelhorn on "It's Friday Again"
Kenny Blake : Sax on "Blue Monday"
Lydia Budd : Vocals on "Hold On To Your Good Thing" & "Got To Be Free (And I Need To Be Me)"
The Budd Sisters (Carol, Donna & Lydia) : Vocals on "Got To Be Free (And I Need To Be Me)"
Ronnie Cockran : Rhythm Guitar on "Sometimes I Wonder" & "It's Friday Again"
Tony Crunkleton : Rhythm Guitar on "Hold On To Your Good Thing", "Got To Be Free (And I Need To Be Me)", "Miss Sun" & "Blue Monday"
Larry Estes : Bass, Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar on "Hold On To Your Good Thing", "You Are My Music", "Got To Be Free (And I Need To Be Me)", "Miss Sun" & "Blue Monday"
Ron Fudoli : Bass on "It's Friday Again"
Nelson Harrison : Trombone on "Sometimes I Wonder"
Leonard Johnson III : Acoustic Piano, Rhodes Piano, Cat Synthesizer & Crumar Orchestrator
Ronnie Jones : Lead Guitar on "Sometimes I Wonder"
Eddie Lenz : Drums on "It's Friday Again"
Milton Leonard : Bass on "Sometimes I Wonder"
Kathy Merriwether : Vocals on "Hold On To Your Good Thing" & "Miss Sun"
Clarence Oden : Sax on "Sometimes I Wonder"
Wade Powell : Trumpet on "Sometimes I Wonder"
Samson & Delilah : Vocals on "Hold On To Your Good Thing"
Ray Scott : Drums on "Hold On To Your Good Thing", "Miss Sun", "You Are My Music", "Got To Be Free (And I Need To Be Me)", "Blue Monday" & "Sometimes I Wonder"
Karen Simpson : Vocals on "Hold On To Your Good Thing"
Penny Turner : Vocals on "Hold On To Your Good Thing", "Got To Be Free (And I Need To Be Me)" & "Miss Sun"
Penny & Crystal Wilson : Vocals on "Sometimes I Wonder"
String Section on "Sometimes I Wonder" : Dave Beswarick, Lana Ferguson Buehner, Ellie Casilli & Janet Meese
Gene Stevens : Cat Synthesizer on "Miss Sun"