05/11/2016

The Cate Brothers Band "Struck A Vein" (1997) -Soft Rock / Roots Rock-



Label : Big Burger Records


États-Unis 01 - Struck A Vein  (Earl & Ernie Cate, Leroy Preston)
02 - Can't Keep Up With You (Earl & Ernie Cate)
03 - Snake Charmer (Earl & Ernie Cate, Leroy Preston)
04 - Blue Motel (Earl & Ernie Cate, Dan Penn)
05 - Stranger At My Door (Earl & Ernie Cate)
06 - Rocket City Bar (Earl & Ernie Cate, Leroy Preston)
07 - I Missed My Dream (Earl & Ernie Cate, Leroy Preston)
08 - Even Now (David Egan & Buddy Flett)
09 - Hurry Sundown (Earl & Ernie Cate)
10 - I Just Want To Sing (Earl & Ernie Cate)


Produced by Jay Sheffield
Recorded at The Ardent Studios, Memphis

The Band :
Ernie Cate : Vocals & Keyboards
Earl Cate : Guitars & Backing vocals
David Renko : Saxophones
John Davies : Bass Guitars
Porky Hill : Drums

Guest Artists :
CoCo Montoya : Swapping licks with Earl Cate on "I Just Want To Sing"
Reba Russell : Vocal Duet with Ernie Cate on "Blue Motel"
Rick Steff : Hammond Organ on "Snake Charmer" & "Stranger At My Door" ; Acoustic Piano on "I Missed My Dream"
Susan Powell & Jackie Johnson : Gospel Vocals on "Hurry Sundown"
Jay Sheffield : Harmony Vocals on "Can't Keep Up With You" ; a mere smattering of Percussion on "Struck A Vein"
And, of course, The fabulous...
"Midtown Horns" :
Scott Thompson : Trumpet
Jim Spake : Saxophones on "Struck A Vein", "Can't Keep Up With You", "Rocket City Bar" & "Even Now"
Horn Arrangements by Jay Sheffield & The Midtown Horns